Ernemann Er-nox camera

This really is a very straightforward and direct question, so please respond similarly. Off beat and and round about ("depends on...") responses are not appreciated.

Now, I recently acquired a 1924 Ernemann Er-nox plate camera (Ermanox - Camera-wiki.org - The free camera encyclopedia) that I might on sell. The question I like to put forward is this, "With these types of vintage cameras, it is worthwhile and profitable to get things like the shutter mechanism/curtains repaired or the lenses cleaned? Would such actions appreciably enhance the value (relative to revamping costs) of the camera or not? or is it more of a sink hole like some cars and boats?

When repair work is billed normally, it tends to be hard to make fortunes, by reselling it with a mark up; especially when half your buyers might be eager to try DIY or a cheap source they know and trust.

You know what you paid, you are two clicks away from Westlicht's hammer prices and a mail or call away from a tech's rough quote.

If money in my hand was what I am after, I'd auction stuff off "as is".

The Ermanox has probably little "user" appeal, so people might fuzz less about a recent CLA by one of maybe 4 techs with good reputation than inside the Leica scene.

I suppose you know going rates better than me, when you recently purchased.

That camera will most likely end up being a 'shelf queen' or even a museum exhibit, so exterior looks are more important than functionality.

Make the outside look tidy - without re-painting or otherwise damaging its originality - and that's all you need to do. A camera that rare will sell itself in almost any working or non-working order. It's main feature was the f/2 or f/1.8 Ernostar lens.