Epson V750 Scanner Profile Building

I have on order, a Wolf Faust target to profile my Epson Scanner. I did try

profiling using the supplied IT8 Target within the Monaco EZ package, but when

I scan a transparency (using the same scanner settings) and 'assign' the new

profile, it has quite a green cast to it. It is also quite dark.

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to:

1) Do I scan the target with or without colour cast removal in the Epson

settings?

2) Once I have created the new profile using Monaco EZ, do I edit it in any

way, and how?

3) Is the Monaco any good, or should I just save the scanned target to disc,

and let a 3rd party create my scanner profile?

Any other hints/tips would be very greatfully received.

I don't have all the answers but you must scan the target with NO color management and therefore no cast removal as well.

I think the Wolf Faust target will not work with the supplied Monaco software--I'm speaking from personal experience. I purchased an Epson 3200 scanner a few years ago with Monaco and thinking I could replace the IT8 target as it was wearing out from so much use I bought the above replacement because it was so much less expensive than a new one from Monaco. It is not recognized by the software.

Thanks Steven. Yes, Thinking about it now, the list of target serial numbers comes up when you run through the Monaco process. I've seen a calibration button mentioned in the Silverfast features, but can't see it anywhere onscreen. Any ideas?

if you've followed the instructions and installed the profile in the right palce and the scanning software is using it, there's no reason to Assign the profile a second time. If you are that "double profiling" is the likely root of your problem.

Also be aware of the very real difference between "Assigning" a profile and "Converting" to a profile.

Don't assign the profile! Yo uare in effect double using the scanner profile twice if your scanning software is already using it.

Try this: Monaco EZ color to create the profile and then you tell your scanning software to use that profile while scanning (I'm assuming you are scanning transparencies and not color negatives.)

In Photoshop or your scanning software convert the output to Adobe RGB(1998) or which ever working space you prefer.