Epson Stylus Pro 3880 - doesn't use black ink

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I'm having problems using my new Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer. It seems it's not to be using the black ink. I have installed the newest drivers and triple-checked if the ink cartridges are installed properly. Still, no luck - black areas are not colored. Any idea what may be causing this issue?</p>

<p>Thank you very much in advance!</p>

<p>- Bob</p>

<p>Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry but I'm new to this printer.<br>

Don - if I understand the nozzle check results well, than yes, all black cartridges are listed.<br>

Matt - there's no black output in the print test. The same thing happens on both matte and glossy paper.</p>

<p>Once again Bob your answer makes me think you don't understand what a nozzle check means. You said "all black cartridges are listed" which means nothing as it relates to a nozzle check. If you're doing a nozzle check then you should get a printout of wiggly lines which would include the lines for each of the colors and each of the blacks. There should be no gaps of any type in any of the printouts. Even a small gap in one of the black printouts could give you a problem with black showing up when making a print. </p>

• 5 months later...

<p>I am having a slightly different problem. I have just replaced my first ink cartridge...the black PK T5801. When doing a pattern test print all cartridges are perfect except the PK T5801 is not printing at all. The second slot for it is totally blank. Do you sometimes get faulty cartridges that do not print? Do you think a cleaning will help? Seems I've seen cases where people did something to "soak" the cartridge print head to make it work. Ideas?</p>

• 1 year later...
<p>Hello mate! I'm having the same problem. The cartridge photo black suddenly stopped printing. This occurred after I select the matte black without wanting to choose a paper type in the Print dialog box. From there you have not printed more "photo black". I tried some settings and nothing. I'm sure it is something related to software. Can you help me? You could solve your problem with the epson 3880? Descupe the grammatical incorrectness. I am Brazilian and I'm using google translator to translate from Portuguese to English.</p>