Epson Photo PX710W problem

<p>This multi function device uses six ink colours.<br>

Recently the device started acting. The yellow and light cyan colours were low, so I changed those. All was fine for a moment till the black ink stopped printing properly. That black ink container was half full. I replaced eventually also the black ink too. All was fine for a moment till the magenta stopped working this time. I did the nozzle check and cleaning cycles a few times. The black and the magenta were good after the change of the yellow and light cyan - for a short moment. </p>

<p>Now my estimate is that if I change the magenta ink (1/3 of the ink left, weighted) to a new one the light magenta will stop working after 10 minutes ;-) So this is the current printer status and I seek advise before throwing something possibly functional away.</p>

<p>It seems as (accidentally or not) the ink containers are giving up in a row even there is ink left and even the nozzle check has proved cood condition just 10 minutes earlier.</p>

<p>Previously, I have used single package inks, but this sequentially progressive ink problem started after I purchased a package of six different colours. Now it (almost) seems that the device has noticed that there are more consumables - ink cartritges - available and behaves accordingly.</p>

<p>Have others seen similar "functionality"? Each ink cartritge has a microchip and corresponding contacts that I cleaned according to an advise from a local Epson support.</p>

<p>On some models there's a tube with a tiny vacuum pump on it involved with the cleaning process. If dried ink plugs that tube it can give some interesting problems. It may also just be that air has leaked into the ink lines and just re-seating the remaining cartridges (thereby recharging the ink lines) will fix your problems.</p>