Epson Perfection V750 Pro and Vuescan Problem

<p>Hi, I've I just purchased Vuescan and I'm using an Epson Perfection V750. Mind you, that I haven't changed any settings inside of Vuescan yet so there's nothing really to set back to default. Please look at the linked to picture which is a screen grab. The negatives don't show up and there are patches of light. I'm also using the Better Scanning MF Film Holder if that matters. Please advise. Thanks in advance for the help.</p>

<p>http://premium1.uploadit.org/surferlj1//Picture-4.png</p>

<p>Hi Michael, thanks for the response. I am in transparency mode, which isn't only for slide film but instead all film. The other mode is flatbed, which they say is only for documents/pictures; anything other than film. But thanks for trying.</p>

<p>Yeah, it's right side up with the emulsion side up and it's pushed all the way into the upper right corner just like the instructions say... That's why I can't figure it out. There's negs in there somewhere, they're just not showing up.</p>

<p>Adam, you say you're in transparency mode which is for all film. That can't be. When you scan transparencies or negatives, you have to set the software for one or the other. I used a V750 with Silverfast, and you're either in one mode or the other as the films are so very different in their make up.</p>

<p>Hi Stuart, I understand what you are saying. I have also used Silverfast so I understand what you're thinking. Vuescan doesn't give you "transparency" and "reflective" like Silverfast. The "transparency" mode that Vuescan implements is for anything transparent meaning ANY kind of film, not just slide film. It's not until after this step that you choose BW, color neg, slide, etc. Thanks.</p>

<p>Are you sure there is nothing blocking the section of the holder, up at the top, that allows for the scanner to calibrate to the color of the lamp? Is the lamp moving? Do you have any other scanners connected to the computer at the same time?</p>

<p>I use the V700 for scanning MF negatives and positives.<br>

<br /> I love Vuescan, and use it when scanning 35mm materials on my Canon FS4000US. However, I found it impossibly hard work trying to use it to scan MF stuff on the V700. I therefore gave up and use the supplied Epson Scan software that came with the V700. It 'finds' the individual images accurately (remember to set the neg size in 'configuration') and does a decent job of scanning them as far as I can see.<br>

<br /> Having said that, I haven't encountered your problem. Just a thought (not because I've ever forgotten to do this, naturally), but you have removed the mat from the underside of the lid, haven't you?</p>

<p>Allen, there's nothing blocking anything. The lamp moves as it should. I do have another scanner attached to the computer though it's not on.</p>

<p>Paul, I agree with you about scanning MF with the Epson trays. What a nightmare! But I just bought the Better Scanning MF trays and they seem to keep my negs much flatter. So far from what I can tell, Vuescan has issues with locating and outlining negs on its own. Though now I just do it manually for better results. And Paul, I'm not going to lie, I have forgotten to remove the underside before... Just not this time.</p>

<p>I'm sure sure what happened. I removed the negs and started scanning BW and now it seems to work fine. I will try some more with both slide and color neg. Hopefully it works out. Thanks for your help everyone.</p>