Epson P-2000 CompactFlash compatibility and use

After successful use with multiple card manufacturers, I've hit a roadblock with the Lexar 8GB 133x speed

write-assisted enabling card. My trusty P-2000 doesn't recognize the data on my card (which is loaded

with image files!) This is not good. Support from Epson is worse and Lexar, non-existent. I would like to

purchase a 4Gb or 8 Gb that works, and have had very good luck with my Sandisk 2Gb. Thank you for any

helpful recommendations/experiences. John

I've used Sandisk Ultra II 4G CF cards with mine, and not had any problems. Also a Transcend

120x 4G CF card. Never got around to buying an 8G card, and now I don't have any cameras

or other devices that use CF.

Godfrey

I don't have any 8Gb cards so can't comment on those - but I have just bought a couple of 4Gb integral i-pro 100X cards which work fine in my P-2000.

Have you updated your P-2000 to the latest firmware which is V02.51 if not it may be worth doing that.

You can get the firmware from the Epson site: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=48001&prodoid=49164278&infoType=Downloads&platform=All

John, in regard to some electronics, I keep seeing references in regard to their compatibility with "high capacity" cards (I believe 8GB would be considered "high capcacity"). This leads me to believe that sometimes high capacity cards won't work with some electronics. I also have the Epson P2000, but the largest card I own is 2GB so I haven't run into a problem yet.

I find that sometimes it pays to persist when dealing with Epson, maybe ask for the next level up...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, I just ran into some huge problems with the Lexar 4GB 133X cards and my Epson

P2000.

Here's a link: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?

forum=1032&message=23771145

Besides losing almost half of my assistant's images, my files from the 4GB can't be stored.

I'm going to try formatting on the computer again, if that doesn't work I'll send them back

to B&H and get some Sandisk's hopefully.

Let me know if you've made any progress please.

• 1 month later...