I tried printing images today on my 7600, and the images are WAY off color, almost metallic in appearance. I tried plain paper, then a 100% cotton 24lb, and a new roll of Epson Enhanced Matte paper. On all papers, the images look almost metallic with virtually no details, although the images printed with no skips or misses. I have tried printing the same images on my laser printer, the images are good with no color distortion. Tried changing all of the variables in the Epson 7600 advanced print options menu on Elements 14, Print quality, Microweave, Color Controls, Photoenhance, Off (No Color Adj), ICM. None of these made any change/improvement in the images. Even tried all of the Color Settings on the Edit menu in Elements 14.

I thought that maybe I needed a different ICC Profile, even though prior images printed just fine with the sRGB IEC61966 that comes up on the "Save As" page. I do the specific profile for the enhanced matte Epson paper from Bill Atkinson at Epson, the driver is loaded in the Windows/System32/Spool/Drivers/Color location as specified. Under Preferences, Plug-Ins, Additional Plug-Ins folder I have the Windows/System32/Spool/Drivers/Color location specified. But the new driver does not show as an option on the "Save As" page, nor can I find a way to locate/load it. How do I get Elements 14 to see it and use it?

Any help is appreciated. This well maintained printer is a fairly new acquisition off of Craigslist, but has printed several wonderful prints prior to this. I completed a thorough round of head cleaning on my 7600 about a month ago, everything went very well, printed off a few small images for myself after the cleaning with great results. It has genuine Epson Chromaluxe ink, Photo Black and light black.

?type=3&theater Epson image on the right, Laser printer in left. Same paper, exact same image through Elements 14.[ATTACH=full]1242856[/ATTACH]

Edited by robinwolf

Are all those papers uncoated?

The muted colours look typical of an inkjet printing onto uncoated plain paper. However it looks as if the black ink just isn't squirting at all.

I suggest you print off a head test to make sure you have black ink. And try a print on glossy coated photo paper.

The muted colours look typical of an inkjet printing onto uncoated plain paper. However it looks as if the black ink just isn't squirting at all.

I suggest you print off a head test to make sure you have black ink. And try a print on glossy coated photo paper.

Thank you for answering so quickly! But, alas, the nozzels are good, I tried glossy paper, same results.

Have you successfully printed from PS14 and that printer?

Have you turned on color management in the printer driver, turned it off in PS, and selected the appropriate paper in the printer driver dialog? That should get you closer than just randomly changing stuff.

I had printed some great shots form PS14 onto this printer, and was in love with the results. Now I have to eat a big spoonful of crow, when I looked at the nozzle test, there were 6 good patterns, including the light black. Did not even register with my middle aged brain that 7 was the magic number. The photo black cartridge was not printing at all. Physically cleaned the head, ran a couple of quick clean cycles, did nozzle tests and there are now 7 very nice patterns, and I am back to loving this old war horse of a printer! Thank you for taking the time to offer your help, I do appreciate it.