Epson 3880 Paper skewing at bottom

My trusty Epson 3880 has just started to exhibit some weird behavior. Printing 8.5x11 glossy paper, it will print fine until it reaches close to the bottom of the page -- with the print head a bit less than an inch from the bottom, and past the point where the bottom of the paper has cleared the bottom of the autofeed paper-feed stack. At that point the paper will skew to the left (looking at the printer from the front), so at the very bottom of the image I get some angled overprint. Nothing's obstructing the paper on the output tray side, and looking down into the slot as it prints I can't see anything pushing the paper sideways. Has anyone encountered this? Any insights / suggestions?

Thanks!

I just had a problem with the rear feeder not loading the paper. You often hear comments about printers clogging if not being used and the 3880 being an exception. Not turned on for a year and a half, did 3 test runs and each time the nozzle check improved til it produced a perfect nozzle test. Epson was patient with me and worked logically through the problem and it cured when I cleaned the rear slot then blew it out with a bulb for lens cleaning rather than compressed air. The recommended using a cleaning sheet to keep things clean.