Epson 3800 Rear Printing Doesn't Work

<p>I had that issues with Exhibition Fiber and found I needed to apply some gentle pressure to the top of the paper . Gentle is the important word.</p>

<p>I haven't figured out how to use canvas with this printer which is not making me happy. I have seen some information on the web, but there are very serious work arounds, which is beyond what i want to attempt.</p>

<p>You should disable the Paper Size check option, on the Printer panel select "menu" then "Printer Setup" then "Paper Size Check" and select "Off"<br /> <br /> When feeding the paper in you have to make sure it is against the right hand side of the rear feeder guide and entered squarely, also bring the adjustable slide into contact on the left of the paper (just snug, not tight) . Once it bottoms out apply light pressure to activate the paper pick up and maintain that pressure lightly while the printer takes up the paper and feeds it in another inch or two. <br /> <br /> Follow the above two suggestions and you should be good to go. (One other point is if you are cutting sheets yourself you must make sure the cut is straight and square across the paper and not ragged at all)</p>

<p>Based on my experience with my 3800(now interfacing with a OS10.8 2009 MacbookPro) for four years, I have one additional suggestion which <strong>may</strong> supersede all the usual 'make sure the paper is straight' and 'deselect paper size' suggestions, both of which, while they may have worked for some users, did not fix the rear loading refusal issue for me.<br>

What I discovered, after three and a half years of suffering, was that when the time comes to issue that Print command, USE THE 'PRINT' BUTTON, <strong>NOT THE 'PRINT ONE' BUTTON</strong>.</p>

<p>Based on my experience with my 3800(now interfacing with a OS10.8 2009 MacbookPro) for four years, I have one additional suggestion which <strong>may</strong> supersede all the usual 'make sure the paper is straight' and 'deselect paper size' suggestions, both of which, while they may have worked for some users, did not fix the rear loading refusal issue for me.<br>

What I discovered, after three and a half years of suffering, was that when the time comes to issue that Print command, USE THE 'PRINT' BUTTON, <strong>NOT THE 'PRINT ONE' BUTTON</strong>.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>When using the back feed on the 3800 Epson recommends using two hands to hold the sheet of paper on both sides and lightly pushing the paper in. I think that's in the 3800 instruction manual somewhere but maybe it came in a phone call with Epson, I'm not sure. Anyhow, I've done that when I had a rear feed problem and it worked (i.e. cleared up the error message). </p>