Epson 3800/Lightroom users--Have you had this problem?

<p>When printing via Lightroom through my Mac G4 iBook, the 3800 printer will occasionally perform a glossy-to-matte black ink switch-- without my having commanded it to do so. Has anyone ever had this problem, and what was the cause? I'm presently unable to switch computers, which would be my first step to investigate. Any suggestions? Thanks, -KB-</p>

<p>Ariel, thank you for your suggestion. Actually, no, I was "just sitting there", with LR still displaying the screen from the last print I had made previously, having made no action since commanding it make the last print some minutes ago, when the printer started its ink changeover. <br>

In my way of using LR, I am constantly flitting between the three LR modules I need: Library, Develop, and Print. Sometimes, but not always, upon entering the Print module, LR/computer will spontaneously decide to select a different print size, paper profile, print setting, or info:on/off setting. I have tolerated this over the years--because if I doublecheck these parameters, there's no harm done-- but when LR/computer/3800 wastes $4 worth of ink without warning, it REALLY annoys me.</p>