Epson 3200, 4x5 Transparencies --- Problems

Hi All,

I'm using an Epson 3200 scanner with VueScan (last version) for scanning my 4x5

transparencies and B&W negs.

The other day... I scanned some B&W negs and had no problems.

Last night... I went to scan some LF transparencies. The preview doesn't show unless I go

into the menu and hit "Refresh." The image then comes up fine. However, once I save the

image and open it up again... all I get is an image that looks like a solarized print. Does

anyone have any idea as to what's going on? Or, has someone experienced this before?

BTW... the blue light on the lid does come on when it's scanning in transparency scanning

mode.

Lastly, I'm wondering what folks are using for their setttings under the different menu

options.

It may be the software that's gone, for some reason, corrupt but I'm wondering what the

best way of resolving this is... short of reloading the software or going after the lasted

version.

Thanks in advance for any insights that may be forthcoming.

Cheers

Sounds like your software my have gotten corrupted. FWIW, I have been using the latest version from the Epson site without any problem. You might want to uninstall the software completely and reinstall it. If you installed the SmartPanel software, you might want to use the registry cleaner they developed (due to all the bugs) before reinstalling www.newsoftinc.com.

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html">Dougs

MF Film Holder for batch scanning of 120/220 medium format film with flatbeds</a>

I believe I remember Vuescan doing that before. Double check all of the many drop-down menu settings. You may have accidently gotten into a wrong menu choice. Positive vs. negative, reflected for transparency film, gray scale vs. color, etc.

Have you purged your Recycle Bin and Temp Files? I've had weird scans when the system had to root around odd nooks and crannies, looking for storage space. It's amazing how quickly a few good scans of big film eat up a gigabyte.

Hi All,

I think Doug's right in that the software got corrupted somehow... when I click on the

VueScan startup icon, it does open up but then it freezes.

Thanks for your input... we'll see what happens after I reload the latest version software.

Cheers