and on other sites, and am just sorta looking for advice on what to

do after I have finished my post processing in photoshop and then I

push the print button. I know there is a lot of stuff, RIP's, A3,

A2, CMKY, paper profiles, etc. Yea, it's amazing how little I know,

but I am trying to learn, if someone could give me there email or a

site with suggested steps to take for getting the best print possible

after calibration and post processing I would appreciate it. I

appreciate anyone's input, thanks!

<em>>>looking for advice on what to do after I have finished my post processing in

photoshop and then I push the print button</em>

<p>Read Chapter 14 (Output for Print) of Martin Evening's book, <em>Adobe Photoshop

CS2 for Photographers</em>. It describes exactly what to do after selecting Print (actually

Print with Preview) from the PS File menu. He shows how to print to an Epson 1290, but

the steps are virtually identical for printing to a 2400 (I upgraded from the 1290 to the

2400).

You don't need to worry about RIPs or CMYK with this printer (although you can use a RIP).

Selecting the appropriate paper profile is very easy.

Note that the 2400 is not an A2 printer (it does A3+).

Do a search on this forum for Epson 2400 and you will find quite a few threads on how to

set it up and start printing with it. If you are having problems, just come back here and

post a question.

Matt,

I just set up my 2400 and get GREAT prints. Here is what I did at the suggestion of an

Epson Tech.

I called Epson again and spoke to Adam K. This guy knew his stuff. Here goes for the MAC

tiger.

1. Uninstall current 2400 drivers. ( to clear any conflicts)

2 Restart

3. Install drivers add printer Remember Epson Firewire.

4.Open Picture in Photoshop CS

5.Set PSCS color settings Under the pull down Photoshop heading to North American

General purpose and close the window

6.Under PS FILE Select page set-up and the R2400

7.Under PS FILE Select page set-up and orient and size your paper. Here is where you

select borderless in the paper size menu. Then Push OK

8. Select Print Preview and here is what I was told to use for Epson Photo Luster paper.

Print best quality or Advanced RPM. Set your scale sizing. Document is set by the camera

profile ie Nikon AdobeRGB 4.0.0.3000 you MUST SET profile to AdobeRGB 1998, Relative

Colorimetric, yes for blackpoint then Push PRINT.

Next select your 2400 printer, standard presets, Copies and Pages pull down to print

settings and select your paper and print mode. Use advanced RPM.

Now pull down the Copies and Pages menu to color management. Choose color controls

SET Adobe RGB in the MODE box, Gamma1.8 and print.

This worked and produced a print very close to and in some cases better than the 2200. I

hope this is clear as this worked on my Imac. PS Buy lots of ink.

Happy printing, Dale

Hope you don't mind the reformat. Just to make it an easier read. I've bookmarked this one, thanks for the tips!

Matt, I just set up my 2400 and get GREAT prints. Here is what I did at the suggestion of an Epson Tech. I called Epson again and spoke to Adam K. This guy knew his stuff. Here goes for the MAC tiger.

1. Uninstall current 2400 drivers. ( to clear any conflicts)

2. Restart

3. Install drivers add printer Remember Epson Firewire.

4. Open Picture in Photoshop CS

5. Set PSCS color settings Under the pull down Photoshop heading to North American General purpose and close the window

6. Under PS FILE Select page set-up and the R2400 7.Under PS FILE Select page set-up and orient and size your paper. Here is where you select borderless in the paper size menu. Then Push OK

8. Select Print Preview and here is what I was told to use for Epson Photo Luster paper. Print best quality or Advanced RPM. Set your scale sizing. Document is set by the camera profile ie Nikon AdobeRGB 4.0.0.3000 you MUST SET profile to AdobeRGB 1998, Relative Colorimetric, yes for blackpoint then Push PRINT. Next select your 2400 printer, standard presets, Copies and Pages pull down to print settings and select your paper and print mode. Use advanced RPM. Now pull down the Copies and Pages menu to color management. Choose color controls SET Adobe RGB in the MODE box, Gamma 1.8 and print.

This worked and produced a print very close to and in some cases better than the 2200. I hope this is clear as this worked on my Imac. PS Buy lots of ink.