Epson 2400 and Lightroom: Color prints very dark

Hi,

i have been trying for days now to get my color prints from LR to a Epson 2400

to work. I have no problem to print the same photos in PS CS2 and CS3. I do the

usual stuff, 1.) choose the paper profile in LR or CS3, 2.) switch off color

management, 3.) choose the correct paper. when i do this in LR the prints are

very dark, the color tends to be redish and a lot of ink is used. Doing the same

in CS3 works w/o problems.

I use a MacPro with Intel Processor and OS X. I downloaded the correct driver

for intel based comps.

Any idea to fix this is appreciated?

Thanks,

Dirk

As I'm fairly new to the Mac platform, I can say, I have had the same problems. I'm still

getting used to the mac functionality, and workflow. I was just messing around in LR, and

made a print using the "Colorsync" option. It was spot on...I'm still trying to figure all of this

out, but if Colorsync works consistently, it will be a nice easy way to print.

It looks promising so far, but I will have to explore it further before I say I'll be using it

consistently.

I de-installed LR and installed it again. same result. although, I select the correct profile for my paper and choose the right options it wouldn't print correctly. Maybe it helps you that the preview does not look like it really switches of printer color management.

a capture screen will help me better, or a super precise detail info.

Many people tell me that they have done everything, they ceck everything, and when i see a capture screen, well...they are all over the place, except the right one : )

Also using colorsync is NOT the right way to print. You didtn mention either if your screen was calibrated using a device. What printer? what paper? Mac/PC? Beta or Release?

I don't use colorsync. computer is a new macpro. i use the lr release, printer is epson r2400. paper is enhanced matte. with the same settings I can print from CS3 w/o any problems. I'll put some screen shots in here later. Thanks, Dirk

Hi Patrick,

i just found my problem. There was still a part of an old printer driver hiding that didn't like the Intel processor on my mac. after resetting the printer utility, hunting for "R2400" named files and re-installation of the newest driver, it seems to work just fine. the mac system seems to be kinda sensitive to remaining files. some packages you have to uninstall, some just to delete ... i wish i could work on the command line just like on my good old sparc :) Thanks, D.