Epson 2200 printing red?

I recently purchased a used Epson 2200- then waited patiently for the Vista

driver. I've downloaded the correct driver- but every time I print a photo,

selecting 'photo' as quality, the print comes out in pink and black. When I

select draft mode- it prints in black and white. Any suggestions?

I've replaced low ink cartridges, I've cleaned the print head nozzle numerous

times. I'm using Epson ink...

After another 3 print nozzle cleanings, I've moved past the red. I thought it was printing fine- now it's printing a black and white photo with a purple hue. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll give them a shot. Although, I am not familiar with profiles at all... just beginning.

After another 3 print nozzle cleanings, I've moved past the red. I thought it was printing fine- now it's printing a black and white photo with a purple hue. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll give them a shot. Although, I am not familiar with profiles at all... just beginning.

Thanks again. The gentlemen that sold me the printer is helping me troubleshoot. I tried printing with black ink only and it didn't turn out well at all. I guess I should have done some research on this site BEFORE choosing my printer for black and white photos.

I was able to download the Quadtone RIP- however when I print with it I get symbols- no picture. I'm assuming the cause to be it's incompatibility with Vista(?)

A recent addition to my problem is bands across the print. They are the same size and the same distance apart each time. They are large and run vertical down the paper. For reference, I printed a color print. It's quality is horrible as well. In addition to the bands, the print looks 'mosaic'.

Do the bands mean clogged print heads? Could clogged print heads also cause the discoloration? Please help.