1 The focusing points in the view finder are not easy to see in low

light conditions.

2- Information in the view finder are so small and not enough bright,

so sometims it is not very easy to read these information in outdoor

high light conditions.

Do you think with an EOS Elan which I consider to buy would I still

have these problems ? any advise ?

Thanks

I haven't noticed huge problems with the rebels viewfinder. You may be having trouble with light coming around your eye and causing glare in the viewfinder. If shielding it with your hand helps, there may be a replacement eyepiece from Canon that has a little sun shield to block out stray sunlight. Or you can modify the one you have.

I don't have problems with the viewfinder on the Elan 7e. Everything lights up brightly enough that you can see it. However it's always possible for, on any camera, the scene to be so bright that you can't see the focusing points.

I find that the focus points lighting up are difficult to see as well. I suspect you are not along feeling this. If you feel you are beyond the norm for seeing them, maybe you don't see red as well as others. The next trip to the eye doctor can confirm this. As for viewfinder information: I often forget that anything gets displayed in it as I can rarely see it and the full frame. I have to make an effort to look at it. In daylihgt it is so dime as to be hard to see as well. This is with my EOS 5 bodies; I previously had a Rebel G which was slightly better on these points actually. Switching to a more expensive body will not help in this regard.

I am holding my rebel 2000 with 28-135 IS lens:

1.)focusing point does not light making it impossible to see in a low light. But the trick is, always, the middle is the most sensitive. In a low light, just center your object, half press and reframe. EOS 3 lights up.

2.) Information in the view finder is large and bright enough to me imho.

Cheers

The red AF rectangles in the Elan 7E/30 flash a brilliant red to confirm focus. This is rather distracting so luckily you may disable the flash with CF10.

The viewfinder of the Elan 7 is brighter and slightly bigger than the Rebel 2000. The pentaprism vs pentamirror probably accounts for this. The Elan 7E/30's diopter adjustment makes for a sharp view and renders eyeglasses unnecessary for many.

I wrote a detailed review of the Elan 7E/30:

<P><A HREF=http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/elan7e.htm">http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/elan7e.htm</A></P>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter