EOS A2 Ed-D Screen

odom_xayarath

I am thinking of replacing my standard 5 Point Focus screen with the Grid type Ed-D screen but I am a little worry about how I will know where the focusing points will be when it's replaced (besides through trial & error). The Ed-D screen does not have a set of points on it. I want to do this because I do a lot of landscape photography and architectuarl photography?

<p>

Has anyone done this before? And how did it work for you? Any suggestions/comments welcomed.

<p>

Thanks!

I've done this, and you can sort of see the red dots in the grid screen, but it is hit or miss. If you can, you should judge focus by eye too when using this kind of screen, just to be sure you've got what you want. I tend to only mount the grid screen when I specifically want the grid. I like having the little focus point reminders in the screen.

<p>

I have become more conscious of the edges of the finder, and I use these to assist in lining things up.

i switched to the ed-d screen for my a2 and it is one of the best moves i ever made. the almost total lack of focus points suits me fine and i never make a mistake on leveling the horizon line anymore which is a big plus for you as a landscape shooter.

with this screen you are in total control as to where you want to focus and the grid setup makes the rule of thirds placement of the subject, a piece of cake.

<p>

jeff hallett