EOS 630 Battery Pack?

barry_kleinberg

Nope. You might find the large grip, a handle for guys with big mitts, but it lacks battery pack or controls. I recall it's very comfy. There's also one that looks like the stand grip but sports a remote port.

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

Thanks Puppy. The 630 has a nice robust feel about it but I miss the vertical shutter and recharaceables are soooo much cheaper than the lithium batteries. Oh well I will just have to make do until I can afford a new 10D....

BTW for anyone reading this string the 630 is a great old body and the 5fps is amazing!

In many ways I prefer the form-factor of that first EOS series to any other I've

handled. I had a 650 when it was still the current design, and I currently have a 600

(euro name for 630). I still use this one, especially when I'm going out walking on

the hills as I feel that the 600 is more robust then my 100 (Elan?) and better able to

take the knocks.

I remember when the 650 was new and first being reviewed; everyone was as

knocked-out by the handling as they were by the AF aspects. I feel that Canon got the

basic

ergonomics right with the very first EOS, and I'm not sure that they've significantly

improved them since. I've never been able to get on with the rear control dials on

later cameras, for

instance, and generally leave it 'off' on the 100 and my new (to me) D60.

One EOS I wish I'd had an opportunity to use is the RT; same form-factor as the

600, but no 'flipping mirror'.

there's no need to change, unless you are southpaw!!

total work horse, indigo screen that can't be found on today's eos 5 ??

630 would need: vertical grip like a2e/faster AF/1/4000+ shutter and it'll last for 20

more years :D

yeah yeah, spot metering, 85 zone evlauative metering.... :D

just want to express my love for my 630 sitting next to the 1, god i love this baby