EOS 30D

jancsi_farkas1

Hello,

I'm in process of buying a Canon EOS 30D, however the Canon representatives keep

telling me that they don't have black body anymore, only silver, since the EOS

30D is not manufactured anymore.

I've searched the net over and over again and did not manage to obtain a single

reference to Canon EOS 30D with silver body, nor any information regarding the

existence of EOS 30D with silver body or the 30D's discontinuation.

However they still keep telling me that they only have silver body for the EOS 30D.

Can you help me please to resolve this mistery?

Best regards,

Jancsi

Call B&H in New York They will have all the info you want .....I have the Eos 30D I also belive it only comes in black ...The Rebel comes in Silver and Black also known as 300D & 350D...I just checked B&H websit They have Eos 30D in stock...http://www.bhphotovideo.com

walk away or better run from this/these guy(s) if they try to sell you a 30D silver because "the 30D is not manufactured anymore". The 30D is the most recent addition to the Canon line (replacing the 20D) so it is still very much being manufactured (maybe he's talking about a 20D?). Either this/these guy(s) don't know what they are talking about or they are taking you for a ride and i would not want to buy from someone like that. You can find 30Ds almost anywhere and they are all black bodies. Shop around

Sorry, but I don't really know.

I had a chat with my boss, who is takeing care of buying through his company. Supposedly he buys the camera from a shop who (as far as he told me) gets it from a canon distribution representative, or sort of. All I've get are parts of email between my boss and the local shop representative, who is quoting from emails of canon distribution representative (or whatever it is called).

So "they" supposed to be the ones representing canon for Romania, taking care of importing the canon cameras to Romania from external distribuitors.

I know it sounds complicated, and mostly it is, since our country is like being somewhere at the end of the galaxy :))

Jancsi

Believe me, i'd run if i'd have a chance.

But for now, the only way if having that camera now (and not in a year) would be having it through my boss, who does want to hear about having it ordered from a different place, since he is friend with the local shop's owner..

Initially I was about ordering a kit from Amazon, but they did not make shipment in romania.

Then I looked on B&H, they had Romania in the list of countries for shipment, however after getting more informations about the fees I have to pay for importing the camera, it was clear that the final price was like in some shops in Romania, or even higher..

So I told my boss to order it from an online shop where price was acceptable, and then the fun began..

He preffered to order it from a local shop, as they had it on stock (At Canon dealers from where they get the cameras). After 2 days they (at canon I think) realised they don't have it on stock anymore, but they've ordered it. Then some days ago started to tell to local shop (and through them to my boss) that they have only silver body, and after some email exchanges where I expressed my preference for black body, they started to tell that 30d is no more manufactured, and they have silver body.

Now we'll wait to see what they'll send, (I suppose it will be 300D or 350D), and if not the right one, we'll send it back ..

I don't know what kind of Canon representative are they, Official Cannon Dealers for Romania or not, but I find this kind of bussines ....kinda interesting..

Best regards,

Jancsi

Sounds like Romania may have some sleazy dealers like the Brooklyn scam stores in America. If that's the case, good luck getting anything at all, or getting an exchange/refund if you get the wrong items. At the very least, maybe your boss could use some straight answers directly from Canon in Romania:<br><a href="http://www.canon-europe.com/Contact_Us/Canon_Europe_Contacts/Europe/Romania.asp">http://www.canon-europe.com/Contact_Us/Canon_Europe_Contacts/Europe/Romania.asp</a>

There's all sorts of scam artists out there...When I was shopping for The Eos 30D I found this place in Broklyn They had it on offer for $400 cheaper then B&H The wanted to mail it to me and charge me for shipping I was working in Broklyn at the time Not far from where they had the so called store so I told I would drop by and pick it up any when I got there it was an old ware house So a guy met me with the camera in the Canon box I opened it to check it out before I paid him...All that was in the box a bare camera body No battery No charger no strap no Manual nothing He told me I would have to buy the extra....I got into my car and went to B&H on my way home and got My Eos 30D ...So your Silver 30D is more then likeley an Rebel with a 30D sticker or tag on it Most people wont know the difference untill it too late...So beware.

Very Interesting...

My brother bought a Nikon digital camera from somebody in Romania a couple of years ago. It was a tremendous deal. He paid about $1500 for a camera that was selling for about $4000 in the US. The seller insisted on a Western Union cash transfer, which my brother did.

Of course he didn't get the camera. It was a total scam. He just pitched $1500 into a thief's pocket.

Several others have advised that you run away. I would only add "FAST". "VERY FAST".

I for one ...Am very causios about buying stuff over the Internet ...90 to 95% of the people that are selling stuff are gunine people it's that 5% of bad apples that makes us scared....Any time I see someone looking for payment with Western Union I turn the other cheek....Also when you see stuff been offered New at half the price in some Country that you never heard of it's too good to be true...A lot of scam artists uses a Good website like this one to try and take advantage of people that have wish list's for certin itims and can't afford the price and get sucked in when something is offered at half the price....I have got bitten once so I will allways be warey,

Thank you for all your answers.

I don't think this about scamming people. In the end, we are talking about some people who sopposedly represent the Canon company in Romania (or so I was told). Or so I hope.

Anyway, I'm sure about no payment being made unless I get the model I want. So no money before getting the product, nor money, getting the product and then realising it is not the right product.

I think (hope) everything is okay, and they're just confusing the models. 30D with 300D or D30 or something like that. (still, I find curious how one which supposedly work in this branch, so easily confuses the models)

Anyway, the day after tomorrow I'll get the camera from the local shop. They've told my boss that if is not the right model, can be returned in exchange of the right model.

Best regards,

Jancsi Farkas

Hello,

I have got the camera finally. It's a brand new EOS 30D, whit all it's bells and whistles.

And yes, it is black :) (I don't know why they have seen it as gray, but anyway, it came black)

Seems like nothing missing from the package, I've already tried it, and seems to work okay (as far as I can tell)

Best regards,

Jancsi Farkas