EOS 10s- Battery grip available?

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by fusionrx, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Anyone know if there is a battery grip available for the old EOS
    10s? So instead of having to buy multiple 2CR5 batteries, I can just
    use the good old AA? The grip doesn't necessarily have to be Canon
    manufacture, it can be 3rd party...

2. From PhotoNotes.org:
    "No battery pack grip was ever made for the 10/10s. You can’t use easily-obtainable and cheap AAs to power the camera - you always have to use expensive lithium 2CR5s. It’s true that AAs don’t last very long, but having that option can be a lifesaver if you’re in the Middle of Nowhere and run out of lithium photo cells. There was an add-on optional grip extension (GR-60), but it’s just a lump of rubber with a hand strap. It doesn’t give you any additional buttons (so it’s of no additional benefit for portrait photography) and it doesn’t contain batteries."

3. Canon makes a Grip Extension GR60 for E0S 10.<p>
    Is EOS 10s just USA version of Europe EOS 10 and Japan EOS 10?<p>
    Don't know if grip extension also means battery grip (maybe you already do), anyways, good luck.

4. No it doesn't. There is no battery grip for the 10s.

Rechargable 2CR5 cells used to be advertised on some UK websites. They were not cheap, neither was the charger.

5. I got one of the rechargeable sets when they were being cleared. Even then, hardly worth it given the very low price of the batteries.
    I do own the battery grip for the 50E, but find it also pretty worthless - it just adds unnecessary weight and bulk, and the battery life is poor.

6. I bought the GR-70 for my Elan (100). It too was just a piece of plastic + E1 handstrap. No place to put AA batteries. However, it made handling infinitely better. It cost me only 25$. I'd highly recommend you to buy it.

Happy shooting ,
    Yakim.