Eneloop Rechargeable s

revolver

<p>are Eneloops still the rechargeable battery of choice around here. I still have a few 2000mAh that have no signs of slowing down<br /><br />I gave my Daughter my K100D that I just replaced with a K50 and I also got a flash. so I figured let me get a few more of these eneloops.<br /><br />I see they have a pro series rated at 2550mAh but they have a 500 recharge compared to 2000 times for the 2000mAh ones currently on the market.<br /><br />if any of you are using the Pro black ones, please give an opinion on them<br /><br /><br />thanks</p>

<p>500 Eneloop recharges look still like a whole lot. But lets be somewhat serious: At least I buy Eneloops to be able to shoot in 3 months from now. - If I was scheduling "shooting like crazy" I'd pack some spare batteries anyhow, so I don't see a benefit in having 125% capacity in my primary pack; i.e. I wouldn't pay extra for the "pro" version. - YMMV if you are doing unplugged expeditions etc.<br>

I'm hooked by the Eneloops and all my sets appear still going strong.</p>

<p>If this is any indication, Sanyo, the inventors and manufacturers of Eneloops, were such innovators with their rechargeable batteries that they became the biggest supplier in the industry that Panasonic bought them out.</p>

<p>I have the original Sanyo branded AA Eneloops I bought several years back and they're still working so well that I bought the newer "Advanced" Panasonic recharger Eneloops that came with a set of (4) AA's I paid $20 on Amazon for the whole set. The Panasonic charger seems to charge a bit faster than the old Sanyo version. I think 5 hours vs 7 from a fully depleted set of (4) AA's.</p>

<p>I haven't used the newer Eneloops, and I haven't used AA batteries in a DSLR since I moved on from the istD, but I have used the regular Eneloops a lot with flashes, and I have found that they will provide plenty of flash power for long events, so I wouldn't be that interested in the Pro series for my needs. My experience with some house brand AA batteries that were supposed to be 2750 mAh was that they were great for a year or so then won't hold much of a charge at all after that. I remember reading somewhere that the 2000 mAh capacity is kind of a sweet spot for current battery technology, but maybe Eneloop has found a way around previous limits. If your need is a longer lasting set of batteries for a camping trip, maybe the new ones would be the way to go.</p>

<p>I love the Eneloops because they have an extremely long shelf life for a rechargeable, but they take a long time to charge. When I'm in a hurry I still use my Powere-x 2700mAh batteries that last a very long time and do not have the memory effect. </p>