End of the line

jc1305us

• 4 weeks later...

Moderator Note:

It is likely that your original (large) image would not load on some Members' devices.

Please refer to the Sticky Thread at the top of this forum, especially this extract:

"As a general guide, as with all forums, keep the size to a maximum of 1000px along the longest side as that works well."

I have re-sized and re-posted your image so that appears IN-LINE.

If you require critique which necessitates a detailed High Res Image, then crop a portion of an appropriate part of the image and publish it in-line also.

Thank you.

William

I think I'd remove the helicopter in the clouds (top left), it appears you've made effort to ensure no people so that the railway line into nothingness has an impact.

I am not sure that impact is overly strong: yet I find this image nicely balanced and geometric, though not one I'd print for a competition. Not all images need be competition material and this falls into 'pleasing', if I were to catagorize.

I reckon I'd tone down the blue in the buildings: probably realistic enough but it is distracting and a jolt to to my Viewer's Eye - perhaps that is what you wanted?

The flags could be reasonably frozen using a Shutter Speed slower than 1/1600s and especially considering you used Manual Camera Mode, I don't understand why you choose to use that lens at F/3.5. The OoF front of the the frame depicting the Railway Line is not a strong composition component and I expect almost certainly that lens would create a better general IQ at around F/8.

The clouds are good.

It's refreshing to see a City-Scape in Portrait Orientation.

WW

• Like 1

I think I'd remove the helicopter in the clouds (top left), it appears you've made effort to ensure no people so that the railway line into nothingness has an impact.

I am not sure that impact is overly strong: yet I find this image nicely balanced and geometric, though not one I'd print for a competition. Not all images need be competition material and this falls into 'pleasing', if I were to catagorize.

I reckon I'd tone down the blue in the buildings: probably realistic enough but it is distracting and a jolt to to my Viewer's Eye - perhaps that is what you wanted?

The flags could be reasonably frozen using a Shutter Speed slower than 1/1600s and especially considering you used Manual Camera Mode, I don't understand why you choose to use that lens at F/3.5. The OoF front of the the frame depicting the Railway Line is not a strong composition component and I expect almost certainly that lens would create a better general IQ at around F/8.

The clouds are good.

It's refreshing to see a City-Scape in Portrait Orientation.

WW

Thank you for your critique, well said.