End of Monox 35 focus issue

ginon_lee

This is probably exclusively for me, the focusing problem of my past Minox 35 series including my current GT model.

I had been posting several questions here regarding focusing which might had puzzled other members. I was almost

near giving up the focus issue and believe Minox is just a thing of the past which can only take good photos by experienced

photographers. But one day, I finally decided to give my GT a go with the well known service shop, Dag Camera. After several weeks

of wait, the camera was returned to me, overhauled (I'm guessing only major parts cleaned.), FOCUS RESET and the focus ring replaced to

metric system upon my request. (I'm in New Zealand and we use metres instead of feet)

I've recently got back my prints of the first roll and the pics were quite impressing. I'm looking forward to take more photos with this

small camera. But still one question remains...... Would Minox 35 perform better than Olympus Xa or Rollei 35 of similar or same era?

P.S. when I got back my prints I noticed that they were printed from my negatives by scanning them digitally. It was quite sad because

the analogue era is now over.

<p>I have all three, Minox GL, Rollei 35 and Olmpus XA. They all produce exceptional images but IMHO the Rollei 35 is more constantly reliable as it is totally mechanical and only relies on battery power for metering. I have the German model not the Singapore, though both are just as well made. The only issue is weight and bulk compared to Minox and Olympus which are lighter and sleeker.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I own XA and Minox GT and Yes, if You focus properly Minox wil deliver much better results than XA, especially wide-open. Two years ago I mentioned not only the sharpness but also Three-dimensional effect on film.<br>

Here is the post, please look at my attached pictures on page 1:<br>

<a href="../casual-conversations-forum/00U38s?start=0">http://www.photo.net/casual-conversations-forum/00U38s?start=0</a><br>

I'm not sure about Rollei but heard only a good things about the lens.<br>

When it comes to Photo Lab, I would stay away from inkjet printers. You can still find wet process labs.</p>