Email stopped working

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by kevin_beretta, Mar 30, 2021.

1. For the last while (month or two), my email notifications have stopped working. The right options are clicked on the threads but notification by email does not arrive. I do get the notification once I log in via my profile though. Any idea why? No help forum so posting here.

2. digitaldog

digitaldog Andrew Rodney

A bug that really needs to be fixed.

3. I think it's more an issue of money. Outbound SMTP at high volume requires a bit of cash.

John Peri likes this.
  4. digitaldog

digitaldog Andrew Rodney

The site will generate even less money, certainly from this subscriber (for years) if they can't even get email notification fixed. :(

samstevens likes this.
  5. Hard to know, since there’s no communication from administration to users. It seems like a combination of factors, one of which may be money and two of which may be lack of concern for users and incompetent programming. There may be other factors at play as well.

6. It’s truly bizarre that some people still don’t realise that this site is running on fumes and the hard graft of the moderators. There is no business interest in this site. I doubt there will be any code changes, bug fixes or enhancements for a long time. I am amazed, but grateful, someone is still paying the electricity bill for the servers.

7. digitaldog

digitaldog Andrew Rodney

Sorry, I know nothing about this but I'm all ears now.....

8. Take a look at the Photo.net homepage. The only active part of the homepage is the Creative Live videos section, the photo articles haven’t been updated since Mar 2019. CL is using this site as an advertising billboard (for which we should all be grateful) but I can’t see anything changing apart from CL pulling the plug.

9. Surely there is enough traffic here to monetize it a bit ... ?

10. Many have mentioned that before you. It’s like talking to a wall. Management doesn’t communicate and has shown no interest in anything. Forget about making changes here or having any influence on the running of the site. Not going to happen.

Vincent Peri likes this.