Email sent today stating your account will be upgraded is not from us

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by G-P, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I've still not received anything from photo.net (except the phishing emails). Checked spam folders, etc. Whatever you did that supposedly went to all apparently didn't work. Whatever the phishing folks did apparently did work. BTW, not a complaint, just info point.

2. Ray House

Ray House Ray House

No email received here from photo.net.

3. No alert e mail received here. Ditto. Got at least one phish.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  4. I did receive the alert email, but had to go looking for it in a spam folder. For this and similar sites, I use a contact email address hosted at Yahoo - specifically to keep it at arm's length from all of my "real" email addresses. Yahoo considered PN's legitimate alert message to be spam, and that's where it put it. I've told Yahoo it's NOT spam, but of course the alert message itself is formatted in such a way that it's just about guaranteed to trigger spam filters when scanned. So it's a fair bet that many people reporting no receipt of that message just haven't looked in their spam folders.

5. Yeah, no. If the scammers have figured out how to make their message deliverable and the photo.net admins have not, there are bigger problems than just looking in your spam folder. For the record, I've looked in my spam folder and mail logs and haven't seen anything from photo.net.

6. Ray House

Ray House Ray House

Checked my spam folder as well...no email from photo.net.

7. I'm afraid I clicked on one of the fake email links. What should I do now?

8. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Don't open the attachment - delete it and the e-mail.

9. no longer a member

no longer a member Site hacked into and email sold to spammers

This site was hacked into to get user info, now the email I use very rarely is receiving 2-3 spam emails a day because my email was sold to spammers. I received the spoof email that my account was upgraded to premium, and no I did not click on anything in that email, but someone got my email from here and distributed it widely.

I have asked for my account to be removed or deleted and got no response. There is no option to remove myself. Oh boy I get to change my user name and add a fake email, big deal. So I imagine the administrators will remove this post and stay in denial and not help me. Good sites like this are not worth the bother if emails are hacked. Thanks for no recourse dudes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  10. Norman 202

Norman 202 i am the light

don’t mock it. i’ve tried changing my username, buddy icon and email address and the system won’t let me. i feel so vulnerable.

11. Norman 202

Norman 202 i am the light

this is what my username and buddy icon should be.

4F3CBE37-12A1-4375-88C4-271E982D0352.jpeg

how do you think i feel, every time i post, being portrayed as a someone with a question mark tattooed on his forehead? who are scammers more likely to scam? i feel SO vulnerable

and another thing. when I search for Norman in the list of members, i’m taken to norman’s page. lower fricking case noman. how bad is that?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  12. Add me to the list of people who have received no email warning. I've check spam folders also... nothing.

13. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

No spam for me. No email warnings from Photo. net either. I'm forgotten...

14. Very sad that a fellow Peri wasn't spammed!

15. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

HA ha ha ha ha... By the way, did or do you live in New Orleans? I have a cousin, John Peri, that I haven't seen in decades.

16. you never know .. maybe he's me .. : -)

17. How can i test if my pc is infected? I have surely clicked on the links of the false mail. I did two scans (with macafee and bitdefender) and nothing was reported, bhut antiviruses are effective or might not detect it?