Ektar 100/400UC

joe_nash1

<p>Robert,<br>

Thanks for the nice comment.<br>

For Digitizing, I use Walgreens to print and make a disk for me. I used Picasa 3 a little for some post processing. But not much. I think the Tokina is a great lens, but I was not using any filters on it, i.e. UV, Haze, or Polarizer. Walgreens disks include TIFF files, which are nice for some nice post processing abilities and larger files. These where uploaded off the ~1mb .jpg files on the disk.<br>

Joe</p>

<p>Thanks for the shots Joe that is one of the Tokina's I had never seen anything from. The wife and I both have 28-70mm f3.5/4.5 SD Tokina's and as with yours the color outdoors is amzingly good. It's her favorite lens.<br>

Another wide zoom like your tokina that I really like is the Soligar 24-45mm f3.4/4.5 C/D zoom macro A great little walk around lens for city scapes and flower gardens (I seam to get dragged through more then my share of them!)</p>

<p>Mark,<br>

Thanks for the comments, I remember reading your posts on the Soligor lens, but hard to find it. I did find one on shopgoodwill.com, but it went for a little to much, but it was a few years ago. I got this Tokina for a really good deal, it even came in the nice box they have for it. I am glad I brought that lens, I never really realized on how much a wide zoom like that would come in so handy in the city. <br>

Joe</p>

<p>Back in the day when I shot with FD cameras exclusively, my favorite walking around lens was the Vivitar S1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5. It was just such a solid lens and a perfect blend of focal lengths, about the only time it came off a camera was to mount a super wide or a telephoto. Usually I would dedicate one body to it, and use another body for various other focal lengths. Another good performer that I just recently picked up is the Vivitar S1 24-48 f/3.8. I really like the 24mm capability, which offers quite a bit more than 28mm, but, while the lens is quite sharp and has a fixed maximum aperture, it is a bit slow wide open and with a slightly dimmer viewfinder as a result.</p>

<p>I have just recently tried Ektar 100 -- I've never tried the 400UC stuff, but it looks pretty nice. I'm used to the slower emulsions, though, and I've really enjoyed the results I got from the Ektar. Accurate colors, but not over saturated or biased toward any in particular that I could tell, very fine grain, nice contrast to the negatives, and better exposure lattitude than slides. Although I still prefer slides, it's getting harder and harder to find processing for them. Ektar is the closest substitute I've found yet.</p>

<p> </p>