Ektachrome is officially announced

The big NYC dealers won't be open again until next week, but I'll certainly be monitoring Freestyle and some other sources to see if any becomes available.

On one hand, I want to take it light on the initial order, but on the other other hand if P3200 is any indication once the initial run sells out it will be a few more months before any more is available.

We're still in the technical beta-testing stage here, continuing reporting to Kodak. Some processed samples resemble, of all things, Ektar 100 (!)

There are not expected to be major differences between beta-test stock and the final retail release.

There is also the interesting statement on the Kodak FAQs page of 120 and larger formats being re-introduced down the line. Things are going from plain good to absolutely great...

• Like 2

Garyh | AUS

Pentax 67 w/ ME | Swiss ALPA SWA12 A/D | ZeroImage 69 multiformat pinhole | Canon EOS 1N+PDB E1

Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Fujichrome E6 user since 1977.

Ilfochrome Classic Master print technician (2003-2010) | Hybridised RA-4 print production from Heidelberg Tango scans

The sample photos look really nice. Those samples on Instagram a couple of months back were awwwwwwwwful.

I agree. Entirely forgettable rubbish flying around Instacramp...

Garyh | AUS

Pentax 67 w/ ME | Swiss ALPA SWA12 A/D | ZeroImage 69 multiformat pinhole | Canon EOS 1N+PDB E1

Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Fujichrome E6 user since 1977.

Ilfochrome Classic Master print technician (2003-2010) | Hybridised RA-4 print production from Heidelberg Tango scans

Interesting their f/16 setting in bright sun is 1/125 for 100 ISO film, about a 1/3 of a stop less I think than other slide emulsions?

Funny question. It used to be that 1/100 wasn't so unusual for a shutter speed, but now usually 1/60 and 1/125.

The charts usually round to whole stops.

While sunny 16 is a nice rule, scenes could be a little lighter or darker,

so a 1/3 stop rounding is probably reasonable.

ISO values are rounded to the nearest 1/3 stop.

A film rated at ISO 100 is supposed to be between about 90 and 111.

-- glen

I think I'll let the dust settle a bit before I get some, but I WILL be getting it.

A shot from my first or second roll of Ektachrome in 1960:

[ATTACH=full]1266712[/ATTACH]

Fred LaRocque ND

Well stored. Not as well as Kodachrome would do, but still quite impressive for a film as old as my dad.

DSC_0467.thumb.JPG.76a7d3a1aa24b42cdfb6ff8554d975aa.JPG

Not quite my first roll of Ektachrome, but close. This is my first roll in college, when I could actually afford to buy it myself.

This is the view out my dorm window.

E4 days, so Ektachrome-X or High Speed Ektachrome. I had some tendency to go for EH if it wasn't much

more expensive, and not knowing the lighting conditions that I might run into. I think this roll lasted about a year.

-- glen