Edging towards the 21st century

I think I'm starting to lose it during the UK lockdown. Now in my 60's I have just purchased my first DSLR camera. A Nikon D3s with an insanely low shutter count of 10600. Camera came with the box, manual, charger + 2 batteries and, a loud Nikon strap which I will never use. Camera also has a 6month warranty. The camera functions as it should and I could get spoilt jumping the iso around as required. This all came about just after Sover Wong returned the my F2 which, now behaves like it was brand new. How much use any camera I own will get is debatable after this years events. Picture below is the new kid on the block with my still much loved F5 Taken with a horrible Sony pocket camera.

pairRS.jpg.df8b15a1d246bea17ce7285bd9e1cffa.jpg

• Like 2

Nice toys. I'm in both camps too. I get more of a kick out of getting it right with film than I do with digital, but there's no denying that digital knocks the spots off film in almost every sense, and has done for years now. If I'm off for a day out somewhere, where I have the chance to 'look' for pictures, chances are I'll choose a film camera, but most else I'll use digital (currently a D700). Just that basic convenience of being able to adjust ISO on a whim is so liberating, and allows you to take pictures where you never could before. Try to avoid the temptation of taking both out though, or you really will have lost it! Enjoy!
  • Like 1

Remarkably similar in size. I consider my F3HP downright elegant compared to most full size dSLRs. I use the "loud" straps with my dSLRs and a thin leather braid with the film cameras.

The fairly even height is deceptive, the D3 is much bulkier.

• Like 1