Hi everyone,

I am a beginner at studio photography but I am currently shooting ecomm photography of dresses on a model. This is what my current setup (which is two basic softboxes, one main and one fill) is producing:

tumblr_oqh8baTHoR1s5ykawo1_1280.jpg

I think this looks ok, but I want something more light and refreshing.

How do I get something more like these?

fd73fcbb-6ccc-4c3d-a227-ddffc6238ff4

d89dc5dc-e567-42b1-9edf-305dd81bcf19

I love how sunkissed and even they feel. Obviously the seamless color will also play a big part in this, which I plan on changing to white soon. It feels like they are using a very large Octobox or Softbox of some sort. The current lighting I have at my hands are a Profoto beauty dish, some spot lights, and two soft boxes. Any idea of where I should start? Also how do they make these photos so warm toned? Is it gels or color editing in post?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Julia

Edited by julialingkelleher

I don't see any links or images either, but based on your own posted picture:

No, the mid-grey backdrop isn't helping.

Your keylight isn't soft enough (I.e large enough) or it's too far away. I suspect it's too small, because there's a lot of falloff between the top and bottom of the model's torso. The reflections from the model's neck and shoulders are also quite specular and shiny.

A little more fill wouldn't do any harm, and a third hard "kicker" light from behind to accent the outline of the clothes on the shadow side can give a sunnier feel to your shots.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1