Eco Friendly Professional Albums

pam_luk

Hi,

Does anyone know of a professional album vendor that produces more "eco

friendly" albums?

I'm looking for someone that maybe uses recycled materials for the cover

material (wood, leather, metal, etc), recycle paper materials for the mats and

interiors, minimal packaging for shipping, etc.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

I have not heard of such a product. As much as recyling should be embraced, this probably isn't a high priority product for that purpose. The overwhelming amount of waste of resources is in throw away items and packaging. Albums are kept for long periods of time and the products contribute extemely little to waste. Remember when Sting came out with the first promoted eco paper based CD "jewel" case? It also had the distnction of not being much of a help. Jewel cases too are long held items and generally not used once and thrown away.

If this is for marketing purposes then there may be those willing to pay extra for this minute benefit. This is worth the effort to serach for the product. If it is for your own motivations, I wouldn't go overboard. Photo albums are not the sort of item that that is contributing to the mass waste that is occuring.

Thanks for the comments. We are looking to offer a "greener" alternative to our clients. The most green is going album free. The second best is at least trying to use recycled materials for the album if only in a small way offset the impact of generating prints, etc.

We are looking at greenerprinter.com to produce our business cards and brochures and switching to rechargeable batteries where ever possible.

Not perfect by any stretch, but we are trying....