eBay seller on crack...

rich815

I always wonder who would buy from these sellers - his stuff is at least 100% overpriced, BUT someone must be laying out the cash. There is another seller from Germany who regularly overcharges. It is the same phenomenon as people buying gas at the most expensive gas station in town when they can get it 20 cents cheaper just across the street.

I have bought and sold many items on eBay under the ID of mrtoady. When I sell items I try my best to check the current selling prices and price my items fairly.

I notice that TUA is selling a Minolta SRT202 for $289.95 (which seems to be a basic price for many of his items).

A few years ago I tried to sell my professionally painted black enamel Minolta SRT101b with new red-ring lizard leather and totally adjusted to use S76 batteries. The highest bid I received was $26. I still have this beautiful camera and don't plan to sell it.

These eBay ads cost money to post and TUA has many. He must be selling something. I'd like to know who buys them. He lives near me in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I may contact him and see what response I get.

What is amusing about some eBay auctions is the way some bidders seem to go into a bidding "frenzy" and are prepared to pay way over the odds for quite ordinary items. Extraordinary! Of course if you are a real saddo like me you watch lots of items and then note what they go for - at least it gives me an idea of what people are prepared to pay!