Easily swap-able bellows on Field Cameras

ggoodroe

<p>Which 4x5 Field Cameras besides Zone VI allow you to easily swap a standard bellows for a Bag bellows?<br>

I Like Zone VI but am having problems locating a used late model Zone VI (that doesn't use pins)..<br>

Any help appreciated..</p>

<p>George Goodroe<br>

St. Petersburg, FL USA</p>

<p>I can personally vouch for the Linhof Technikardan 45S, Wista 45SP, and Chamonix 045N-2 field cameras. I've only used a bag bellows on the Linhof, but the Wista and Chamonix cameras are similarly designed allowing for field swapping of the bellows independent of any tool requirements. Obviously this simplifies replacing the standard bellows as well when/if the originals develop pinholes. Another consideration is that the Chamonix now comes standard with a universal bellows so, depending how wide your focal length is, a bag bellows may not be even necessary. Good luck.</p>

<p>Wisner, Gandolfi (both out of production), Ebony, Canham, Chamonix, Shen-Hao, Walker, Lotus... all offer cameras with changeable bellows... depending on your budget and size/weight/extension preferences.<br>

<br /> Both Ebony and Chamonix offer "universal" bellows (pleated bellows with bag bellows at the front).<br>

<br /> The very flexible Ebony universal bellows work perfectly for my WA lenses (90, 80, 65) with full movements, no need for a dedicated wide angle bellows.<br>

However, removing the bellows is very easy.</p>

<p>A Master Technika 3000 or the older version, the 2000, uses lenses from 35mm up with full movements with the built-in bellows. The Master Technika Classic does the same with 38mm and up but, on that camera, special lens boards and focus mounts are needed for each lens shorter then 72mm. The 2000 and 3000 do not need a special focusing mount on each extreme wide lens.<br>

As previously mentioned, the TK45S does take an easily interchanged WA bellows and takes lenses from 35mm up with full movements.</p>

<p>Wisner's 4X5 cameras are usually on E-bay and they have interchangable bellows. In many instances I see them for sale w/both sets in the package. For a time Wisner made the Zone VI camera. Your biggest problem with Zone VI, is after you buy the camera and want a bag bellows (assuming it is not included), is which model do you have and will the stand-alone bag bellows fit your model. Rarely do I see a Zone VI bag bellows for sale where the seller tells you which model (manufacturer) it was designed for.</p>

<p>Paul</p>