Early Explorers, e.g., Lewis and Clark -

What’s this got to do with photography?

1. this is "casual" forum
  2. you can respond with pictures about exploration, camping gear, re-enactment, or any number of other related topics.
  3. It's just a jumping off place for you to post whatever you IMAGINE.

e.g.,

Ste-Genevieve-Raid_20110709_09.jpg.0c6f43e2a953d8b4deb465a1b50ae2cc.jpg

• Like 2

I'm sorry, I'll try harder to stick to pictures of down-and-out bums, scantily clad women, and other "photographic" subjects.

Why so serious? Did you look at the link? it's the ONION, ferchrissakes.

Why so f**king LITERAL.?

"nothing to do with photography" indeed! At least I post pictures.

• Like 1

WOKE now declare

Funny, when it comes to WOKE declaring things, it’s more often than not I hear about it from NON-WOKE ranting about what WOKE declares. In other words, NON-WOKE seem often more obsessed with WOKE than WOKE.

One can learn all kinds of things about Lewis and Clark and history. History isn’t just there to be worshipped and turned into photographic nostalgia/trivia. Perhaps Lewis and Clark would be honored for their own history to be more than just memorialized and blindly embraced. They just might appreciate their history to be ... explored.

"You talkin' to me?"

It seems that Lewis & Clark were a little too early for photography.

One of my favorite nature photography stories, though, is the 20x24 inch glass negative

of Yellowstone in 1872 that were used to convince congress to create the National Park Service,

with Yellowstone as the first park.

Considering the sensitivity in those days, and especially for that size, pictures of

moving geysers seem pretty amazing. Then they had to pack them out without

breaking them!

-- glen

Funny, when it comes to WOKE declaring things, it’s more often than not I hear about it from NON-WOKE ranting about what WOKE declares. In other words, NON-WOKE seem often more obsessed with WOKE than WOKE.

People convinced that they are right, think it obvious, tend not to consider that they might not be right. So would they rant about what they hold to be selfevident?