E6 second try

<p>Much better. I actually resused yesterdays chems and added 4% to the recommended times. This time the temp was 105F (It's on the paperwork) and agitated 30 sec per minute. Film was an older roll of Kodak E100GX I had in the fridge. Shot with a Nikon F100 and 35mm 2.8 D. All scans on from an Epson V700</p><div>00XnVp-308439584.jpg.7e96417c551691927c03793501ead537.jpg</div>

<p>Michael,<br>

For what it's worth, in a three-day scanning workshop that I attended a few years ago, we used the V700 and the older epson 4990.</p>

<p>It was the general consensus of the workshop presenter’s that it did not pay to try and do scans on any film format, greater than about 2000-2200 on the v700 and the older epson, even by experienced operators. </p>

<p>Even though, the v700 was considerably newer, the older, and cheaper epson 4990 performed imperceptibly as well as its newer sibling in the hands of experienced operators.</p>

<p>BTW, tripod use and mirror lockup is considered a given, if you're going to scan with any need for sharpness.</p>

<p>Michael, I'd like to see the shot 'Bad Scan' scanned with a higher end 35mm film scanner & posted here so we can compare the V700 quality against 'whatever else' gives you the results you feel you can live with. Actually, I don't think your 'Bad Scan' is all that bad. Depends, I guess, on your expectations and final print requirements. Best, LM.</p>

<p>Michael, I think the V500 sample was scanned at 2400 ppi and the Scan Dual sample at 2820 ppi. Perhaps not a perfect comparison but I think close enough for a judgment on the quality available from these two scanners. Hope this cast some light on rather than confusing the issue. Also, perhaps someone (that would be most anyone) with more skills than I could get better results. Best, LM.</p>

<p>J. Falth. I'm not sure what the acual max resolution of the Epsons are but the known photographer, writer and master color printer ctien says it's best to scan at high resolutions. If you downsize for say an 8x10 it will keep noise and grain to a minimum. On B&W film I jack it all the way up to 4800 and things look good to my eyes.</p>