E6 Contamination from B&W chemicals in a Jobo Tank?

<p>There is a lot of good advice about cross contamination occurring from the stabiliser step of the E6 process. I will attempt to do that in a separate tub as recommended.<br>

I get the impression that the first developer is most prone to contamination so I was wondering whether I need to have a separate tank for processing E6 only and never let any B&W chems into it or am I ok just using the same tank but washing it thoroughly with water?<br>

I am also a bit unsure of the best way to do the stabiliser in a separate tub. My Fuji 3E6 kit only has only the same proportion of stabiliser as the other steps. I can't think of a good way to 'dunk' the film in it if all of the other chems are being mixed in rotary amounts. Also if I take it off the spool, I think that the roll will all just stick together so I don't know how to ensure that all of the layers are getting stabilised.<br>

Thanks in advance for your help,<br>

Marizu</p>

<p>You don't need seperate tanks - just make sure you wash them throughly. I develop E-6, C41 and B&W all in the same tanks. As to the stabilizer, I just use a Rubbermaid container, take the film off the spools and drop it in. Just agitate the container a little bit and you'll be fine.</p>

<p>I agree. I recently started doing some E-6 at home; I, too, was worried about this. Clean the tank between uses, and you should be okay. I give everything a fresh water rinse and towel dry before use; never had any contamination problems with the tank when I made that basic check.</p>

• 1 year later...

<p >BW Chemicals is (<a href="http://www.bwchemicals.com.pk">www.bwchemicals.com.pk</a>) a manufacturer of different <strong>wax</strong><strong> </strong><strong>emulsions</strong>, based in mid country Pakistan. We manufacture different types of wax emulsions based on Paraffin, Polyethylene and Microcrystalline. The emulsion have different ionic moieties based on customer request. Having a large production capacity we are pleased to serve different industries with top of the line solutions for there wax emulsion needs.</p>

<p >We mainly serve <strong>Textile</strong>, <strong>Paper &</strong> <strong>Board</strong>, <strong>Leather</strong> and <strong>Construction</strong><strong> </strong><strong>Industries</strong>. </p>