E-P2 Corrupted Card Read Problem

harold_gough

<p>Due to a loose USB connection when using a card reader to transfer ORFs to my PC, I can no longer do this using any of the software I would normally use*. Neither can I access files directly from the PC (via My Computer and opening the drive) to send them (unopened) to my PC, a practice I often use.<br>

I have used recovery software which seems to have retrieved all but the few most recent images.<br>

The camera can read and open all the images on the card, including the latest and any new ones I shoot after the corruption. This seems to offer some kind of hope to access the images on my PC. I don't think I have ever had the lead for downloading from the camera to the PC.<br>

* Irfanview, Fast Stone Image Viewer, Olympus Master 2 (updated)<br>

Does anyone have any experience of solving this problem, shot of reformatting the card?</p>

<p>As long as the card is in a card reader connected to a PC, it has nothing to do with the E-P2. The PC can be reset to an earlier safety point where the programs were intact. Irfanview, Fast Stone Image Viewer can be reloaded for free and reinstalled.<br /> I once had the problem in my E-510 that the PC could not read the pictures on the card, but the camera could. In camera I copied the files from the Compact Flash card to the Olympus XD card. Then I transferred the files to my PC via a card reader and everything was ok. The fault was in the Compact Flash card. My dealer gave me a new one for free.<br /> I always use a card reader when transferring files to my PC. Then nothing can happen to the camera software.</p>

<p>Thanks.<br>

I installed new downloads of Irfanveiw and Olympus Master 2 today, to no effect. In any case I should be able to access the card reader drive from My Computer and send files out from the card. I have shot and read new images on the camera, on a different card, this morning and they are accessible to my PC. So it is the card. The same happens with a new card reader, so it is the card at fault. The actual files can't be corrupted or the camera would not be able to read them.<br>

I don't understand how to copy bertween cards in the camera. So far as I know, the camera needs a card to operate and there is room for only one. I don't think the E-P2 has abuffer, certainly not got up to 16GB!<br>

I also always use a card reader when transferrng files to my PC although I may send them unopened or access them from the card with software.</p>

<p> </p>