E-P2 and Card Error

<p>Oy! Charged up the battery for my new E-P2, dropped in a new SD card, formatted it in camera, took two pictures then got Card Error. Tried the whole sequence again and again with the same result. Is it likely that a brand new card is somehow corrupt or am I missing something obvious? Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>why not plug it into your computer, and do a disk check on it (in Windows, right-click the drive, select properties, tools, error check).<br>

I think it's quite possible its a faulty card if it's never worked.<br>

I'm always amazed though at the number of people on photo.net who report card problems - we run a lot of equipment and have probably over 100 SD cards, and in 5 years have only had a couple of failures</p>

<p>With my E-P2 I have one card only the camera can read and one only the PC can read. I have also had two card readers fail in the last 6 months. I have just "stopped" a "mass storage device" i.e. a card reader which was not even plugged in. I have little faith in the technology.</p>

<p>I am re-assured by Chris Letts. I never format my cards for various cameras CF and SD ...I would 'double check' with another card which you know works or another new one. Some will view this attitude as foolish in the extreme but it works for me. The only trouble I've had was when I plugged a SDHC card into my old SD reader .... now replaced with a up-to-date version.</p>