E-6/C-41 chemicals shipping, B&H vs. Adorama

I'm a 95% black and white shooter, but am going to process some 4x5 E-

6 at home. I went to B&H, where I get about 95% of my photography

supplies, and they do not ship E-6 and C-41, says for in-store pickup

only.

I went to Adorama site, and does not say they do NOT ship them.

However, I've never ordered from Adorama site, and am comfortable

with B&H's "out of stock" or "not shippable" type notes. Does anyone

have experience ordering these color chemicals from Adorama? I'm

guessing it has to do with two companies, both in NYC, using

different shippers? Freestyle in Los Angeles lists E-6 chemicals

using "ground only", so I know they are shippable.

I have bought the 5-liter E-6 kit from Adorama without any problem other than the price. Their price was OK, just UPS from New York to the Seattle area was silly. (I've been buying the chemistry from Rainier Photo in Seattle ever since the first kit, primarily because of the freight savings.) I have no reason to think that Adorama has any problem shipping the materials, I've had no problem buying from their website in the past.

Van

I have accounts at both stores but have to buy chems. from adorama they interprut the shipping regulations diffrently. Both stores are great adorama ahipped my order the day after they recived it just as B&H does. Order with confidence. ,Grinder

Thanks for the responses. I thought it was something like that, Adorama willing to take more risk than B&H. G., I am in Seattle also, but it's such a haul to get to Rainier, I prefer the delivery to my office rather than spending the time driving down Rainier Ave South...

I think even Freestyle imposes a hazardous material surcharge on shipping these chemicals. Liquids are more an issue with hazmat regs than powdered chemicals. I think it was Jobo that used to package a C-41 powdered chemical "Press" kit that was powdered specifically so news photographers traveling could carry it aboard airplanes. Not an issue for them anymore with digital of course.

WT, I have only been to Rainier once in person, and it was quite a haul down there. (I live out on Whidbey Island.) However, I think you'll find that UPS from Rainier is a lot cheaper than UPS from Adorama, and the price of the chemistry was about the same last I looked. I also know that Rainier keeps their chemistry current, because the one time I was actually there they gave me a huge box full of past-date E-6 chemistry that they didn't want to sell along with the current stuff I bought. (So far I'm having no problems with the older stuff.)

Yes, I want you to buy the stuff from Rainier because I want them to be in business next time I need to order, and it's clear that falling volumes are hurting everybody!

Van

i ordered E-6 from Freestyle a couple of days ago, and there was no additional surcharge for hazardous

G., yes i like Rainier, talked to their rep at Puyallup fair photo display a couple of weeks ago. I basically don't have any free time on weekends, and evenings after work are out at this time of year, too much risk on Rainier Ave South...but I may check them out for ups delivery next time.