E-3 focus screen

mukul_dube

<p>My E-3 is back focussing (see my post of 10 October). This happened with all the lenses I tried. I sent the camera and a lens to the authorised repair centre in Mumbai (Bombay) and, I must say with annoyance, was made to pay for nothing. They said they had re-installed the software of the camera, but I think they had not: because that would have put all settings back to factory default but the camera came back with my settings intact.<br>

I no longer use the camera much and so do not want to spend money on sending it abroad for adjustment: but I'd like it to work well when I do use it. To my mind, the only practical option is to either use manual focus alone or to manually adjust focus after it has auto focussed. But I find this to be slow, because the standard focussing screen is not so good for manual focus.<br>

Does anyone know if alternative focussing screens for the E-3 are still available? Searching on the Net tells me that some were made. It seems that KatzEye are no longer in business.</p>

If you have a significant investment in lenses, it may be less expensive (and less frustrating) to buy another

compatible Olympus body that does not have this issue. E-3 prices have held up rather well on Ebay, so you

also may want to be on the look out for a used OMD EM-1, which may be more plentiful once the EM-1 Mk ii

starts selling. Sensor performance will be significantly better than any 43 camera and on sensor focus does not

have any back focus issues like a DSLR can.

The E-3 is a well made camera but mine is getting old. The LCD in back has a frame around it that has begun to split. I am not inclined to get this repaired since I use the camera rarely. I have it taped since the screen in back still operates. For my ED lenses all of them work just fine on the E M1 and I highly recommend this micro four thirds camera. You will love it Mukul.