Dynatran stands? Quality, or not? Help!

I bought a boom stand from them. I think it's constructed fairly well, for the price. The Bogen stands are nicer, but much more expensive. My beef with them is that the stands aren't packaged well for shipping. The stand arrived and both the counterbalance and the stand were damaged so as to make them unusable. Returning/replacing the stand took two weeks, and the replacement showed up in poor condition. This one wasn't broken, but it was scratched pretty heavily. Within only a few weeks of veeeery light use, one of the knobs has come loose.

I won't be purchasing from them again. I like a bargain as much as the next guy, but this one isn't worth the cost savings.

I bought a boom and a air cushioned as well. Before I bought it, I search the last 30 days on Ebay from people who bought it. I email quite a few winner to see how they like it, quality wise, etc. and most of them came out positive. I didn't have any problem with shipping what so ever. I will say it is good but I don't think they can compare with brand name.

Since Amvona is selling on Ebay everyday, it won't be the end of the world. I would not overbid, If I don't get it today, I will get it tomorrow, then tomorrow, etc.

Amvona's products, in my limited experience, range from poor to acceptable. The customer service is unacceptable.

I bought two DynaTran stands and sent them both back. The air cushion stand seemed okay, but immediately developed scratches on the column from being raised and lowered. I was afraid it would come to a grinding halt sooner or later.

Their backlight stand is very lightweight and crude compared with some Manfrottos that I've seen. I returned two samples.

Overall, I returned three out of four products that I bought. The third was a 40x60 reflector/diffusor disc. It (and its replacement) looked like huge potato chips: 9" of warp. Each time they told me that they had been re-designed and now were perfectly flat. I declined the third sample.

The initial price was great. However, Amvona charges a lot for shipping, probably it's a profit center for them. Returning products gets expensive from the perspective of cost, lost time, and lost use. It took five months and quite a number of phone calls to resolve my situation. They do not answer the phone or call back in a timely manner -- sometimes it's days later. They do not respond to e-mails.

Beware: If you buy from Amvona on eBay and give them neutral or negative feedback, they automatically will give you negative feedback -- usually only with the phrase "bad experience". If you read through their feedback, you will find that they are merciless in this regard.

Recommendation: Avoid

• 3 weeks later...
I saw their listings on ebay and noticed that lighting stands were finishing at very low prices. However, when they replied to my shipping query, postage to the UK from the US was extremely high, plus the taxes and a couple of other charges brought the stands up to local prices.

• 1 year later...

Bought a pro boom stand on ebay from them for a bid of $26.00 + shipping. The shipping was high, but not outrageous considering it came with a very heavy counterweight, that I have yet to figure out the best way to use it. The quality is ok, and I had low expectations to begin with so all things considered, I was ok with the purchase. I am using it for a hairl light with a very lightweight strobe, so there is no problem with it's application for me.

Bottom line. it's ok. You get what you pay for.