DxO says Nikon D300 not as good as 50D at low-light ISO

ralph_jensen

<p>...and yesterday he had this discussion: <a href="00VSA5">7D not marked as highly by the DxO Mark as the Nikon D90</a> .<br>

<br /> Perhaps there should be a treatise on the how and why's of reading the DxO marking system for whatever camera versus whatever other camera.</p>

<h1><br /></h1>

<p>Actually, it you take the time to read what the numerical results signify, you will understand that the differences between the two cameras are so small that it would be difficult to see a difference in actual photographs. </p>

<p>I do not blieve DXO renders opinions. Rather, they present the data they have collected.</p>

<p>I personally have no idea what those numbers really mean but if they had no value, what would be the point. I mean they must be field relevant in some way. By the way, technology keeps moving forward. Does that mean the camera you bought last year is no good because something better is on the market...no! I suggest people don't get so hung up on the numbers, just take it with a grain of salt.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>How about a Canon subforum moratorium on threads about what DxO says?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>How about ignoring DxO altogether? Yes, I'm sure they're mildly relevant to a certain degree. However, it's just a very small portion of a camera that they're looking at and I personally don't think it bears much relevance during the general day to day usage of a camera. A good detailed review like those on DPreview are far more valuable. At least they test every part of a camera that you could ever wish to scrutinise and give a balanced opinion with test shots. Other than getting hold of a camera for yourself, what more could you wish to know?</p>