DxO & EOS Utility: Acquiring Images from EOS Cameras

<p>EOS Utility? Acquiring Images from EOS<br>

Hello from Canada<br /> <br />I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have owned DxO since ver 4 but have never really become competent in using it.<br /> <br />I am a Canon user (EOS5D, G10, 20D) and shoot RAW images. I run DxO 5.3 on a Win XP PC. My normal workflow is to acquire RAW images from the camera or from the card using the automatic download feature of the EOS utility which is set to copy them into a folder on a photo dedicated hard drive. I then use Canon Zoom Browser to review and cull them.<br /> <br />After reviewing the images in Zoom Browser I would then open DxO to work with them further.<br /> <br />QUESTION: Does the process of acquiring the images onto the hard drive through EOS Utility and then previewing them in Zoom Browser somehow impair the operation of DxO? I read in the DxO user guide that it is recommended to copy the image files to the hard drive using WIndows Explorer not a downloading utility.<br /> <br />All comments and recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I dont use/have the Canon stuff but in a perfect world, it should make *zero* difference how you get the photos off the memory card and onto the PC. I suppose it's possible that the EOS utility does (or perhaps can be set to) to modify the file (IPTC data, maybe even some preliminary RAW processing) but most of them dont.</p>