Dubai - camera shops and prices?

bmm

<p>Hi guys,</p>

<p>Quick one - I've just learned that my next work travels will take me to Dubai and I'm wondering whether anyone has any experience with buying camera gear there. As always when in a new place I like to have a look at a couple of recommended camera shops.</p>

<p>Also does anyone have a feel for what camera gear prices may be like in the Emirates (that is, compared to US prices)?</p>

<p>I did a search of course before posting this but the majority of entries are on this subject are relatively old.</p>

<p>Hi Bernard,<br>

Nikon is sold by Grand Stores in Dubai.. They have dealers around the city but most conveinient will be the Emirates Mall or the Ibn Battuda Mall I guess. I bought couple items from them and the customer support is generally good. They also have Sigma lenses and accs. like Tamrac bags and Sandisk card's.. Prices are higher then US ( maybe %20-30 ) for Nikon but I found Sigma lenses to be more or less the same.</p>

<p>Hi Bernard,<br>

Don't get your hopes up - I found no difference between the UK and the UAE let alone the US and the UAE - and that's before the GBP exchange rate fell through the floor.<br>

In spite of the load of tourist claptrap you hear about Dubai being a bonanza of shopping the prices are bad and the traffic jams to get to any of these places just abysmal. Shop at home!</p>