Dual-sided photo paper

I would like to make my own photo books (coffetable-books, gifts) in a very small

quantity, and would like to explore the possibilities of making these on my own

inkjet (Canon) instead of sending the production away to some lab. I have seen

the results of many of these photobook-making labs using color lasers, and the

results are many times rather mediocre.

The quality of inkjet-papers are in steady development.

Which brand would you suggest I look further into? As of now, the only papers I

have been able to find in Europe are the ones from Canon, Epson and

Hahnemuhle. The paperweight should be approx 180-200 g/m2.

Will using the Dualsided Matte Epson paper give a nice quality on the Canon

printer, or should I look into buying a new printer (Epson- I have read much about

clogging problems) ?

I tried to google this question, but it seems that most of the answers are 3-4 years

old......

Please help me, guys!

//PC

We make many fine edition books and have been for years. Significant testing has

gone into what the best duo paper is to use. Many duo papers scuff easily, transfer

ink to the facing page, and grain direction is not always gaurnteed. With Innova

Smooth Cotton duo you do not have to worry about any of these factors. Please let

me know if you have any more questions.

Inkjetart's Premium DuoMatte two-sided paper can be ordered with the grain running in either direction. Do some googling to learn why grain direction matters. It is lignin-free, acid-free, and has a good feel to the hand, which is important in a book paper. Ellis's suggestion of Entrada will give a darker black image, but Entrada feels like paper to hang on the wall, not flip through a book. This is, however incredibly subjective. I'd suggest ordering some sample packs from the big paper outfits like inkjetart or booksmart studios. For that matter, contact Booksmart and/or visit their website. You'll discover a wealth of info:

http://www.booksmartstudio.com/

Thank you everybody for your tips.

Yesterday my Canon printer broke down, and the repairman decleared it dead in surgery. :(

I have to go shopping again, and the most interesting printer in my mind now is the Epson R800 or R1900, depending on whether I want A4 or A3+ possibilities.

Is pigment ink really that much better than dye ink?