DSLR-> sharing flow

I haven't used a SERIOUS CAMERA or photo.net since the death of film prior to the birth of facebook, and I just got the wife a pentax K50 for mother's day because it looked like a good price for a DSLR and who's gonna misplace a hot pink and yellow camera?

She wants to use it shoot sports and travel pics of the family and put stuff on facebook.

Is there an easy DSLR -> phone / tablet / facebook flow? The wifi SD card I thought would be good for this is so far not good for a few reasons.

Solutions that don't mean dragging a laptop around are best.

Thanks

Take a look at this article Transfer dSLR photos to your phone without a computer

Some modern cameras have wifi support built in. I use Panasonic LX100 and FZ1000, both of which have wifi/NFC to directly copy photos to phones without connecting any cable. If your's doesn't have wifi support, you can get a specialized cable, one end of which is USB, the other end goes into the phone. Its called Camera connection kit (for iPhones) or OTG adapter (for android phones). You can either directly connect the USB end to your camera using a microUSB adapter, or get a SD card reader and connect that to the USB end of the OTG adapter. You can then transfer the photos to the phone.

Sony has an app, "PlayMemories Mobile," which serves to transfer images from the camera into an iOS device. A similar app does the same thing for OS X. You can capture as reduced-size JPEGs up to full-sized RAW images. You can push them from the camera, or run the camera remotely, with live view at the phone. Once in the phone, it's easy to upload to Facebook. There may be an automatic way to do that, but I'm not a Facebook user, and I'm not familiar with the Pentax K50.

If your camera has WiFi, or even BT, USB or HDMI, I suspect there is an application which will do the same thing, and to an Android phone as well as iOS. I think the Pentax website would be a good place to start.