Dreamweaver Photo Portfolio on CD - Autostart possible?

I have used Dreamweaver 4 to build a portfolio of photos which I want

to burn to CD and leave with potential clients. Is there a function

to allow the portfolio to start automatically when placed in the

drive?

If not, any alternative solutions to be recommended?

Thanks

Dont think so sorry. As far as i'm aware the autorun.inf file that triggers the autorun will only really work for .exe files nothing else. I think windows will simply ignore the comand if it aint an exe file. theres other issues here anyway to do with formating and layout browser issues so I wouldnt advise building a cdrom portfolio in HTML (theres also copyright issues!!!).<br>

You'd do better building it in flash and exporting the movie as an executable projector file, that'll site nicely on the cd rom, easy to find and run, and can be autorun. Oh and you set it up to print high res examples if they want!!<br>

I personally use director to make cd-rom portfolios but thats cause i put mpeg video footage in....

<i>You'd do better building it in flash and exporting the movie as an executable projector file.</i>

<p>What's the simplest way to build a portfolio/gallery of photos in Flash? I know how to build one in HTML and have it run as a slide show. Is it a matter of converting an HTML slide show to Flash, or should the Flash version be built from scratch?

<p>Last question: what is a simple application that will build the Flash version and allow me to save it as an executable projector file? THANKS A LOT!

Another suggestion may be to use PowerPoint's Pack and Go feature. It creates a stand alone projector similar to flash's. I use both Flash and Powerpoint and the latter requires a much less severe learning curve. Though image quality might be better in Flash. (I'm not sure)

Yes. You can run ANY type of file including html. Your computer will run the default program for that file: example index.html will run with IE, or netscape, mozilla or opera -whatever you default is. To create the Autorun.inf file you need a utility. My favorite is called Autorun.inf Editor from www.karenware.com and it's free. I have created slide shows for clients in Photoshop, flash and go live. Autorun.inf Editor will create all the file necessary to auto start your CD.