Dream Photography Project

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>If I was feeling topically/popularly message-ish? Tropical deforestation deserves every bit of scrutiny it can get, and the circumstances would make for beautiful, horrible, moving, chilling, lovely, tragic, dynamic, crushing, and possibly hopeful photographs. <br /><br />If I was being completely indulgent? I'd start a (hopefully) 15-year project, and follow the lives of a litter of purebred bird hunting dogs from conception through death. Whelping, moving to new homes, training, companionship, going through their adolescence, their prime, and their old age as what they do and are made for changes around them. Individual animals and their people, over a decade and a half. Continuity of at least one of those half-dozen or so stories, told through photographs, would be a joy and a challenge to present. $10k ought to get the ball rolling!<br /><br />Great question, Hannah. What a tease, you are.<br /></p>

<p>stay home and take picture of my little girl for the rest of her life to documented every step and new stuff she learn..WAIT! im already doing this for free ; )</p>

<p>Seriously, i would travel across Canada for a year to see how people live from west to east in all the little village and city. To document a part of the my history. </p>

<p>I'm in my eighth season coaching Special Olympics. I would love to travel around the country (and to several other countries) to illustrate how the Special Olympics program helps to improve the lives of so many individuals with intellectual disabilities. I would then do an exhibit and book with a significant portion of the proceeds going to Special Olympics.</p>

<p>I agree with Matt, you are a tease. But, thanks for asking the question.</p>

<p>I'd go to Washington state and document some of the larger cities - Spokane, Seattle - and the geography. Absolutely love the weather, terrain, and cityscapes in that northwest corner of the US. So much to see :)<br>

Or I'd arrange a series of flights between large US airports - JFK, EWR, DFW, Chicago-O'Hare, SEA, and have at least a day and a half layover in each city; shooting film and some digital of the different aircraft and/in their settings, with unrestricted access to the ramp and air facilities.</p>

<p>I love rusting cars and planes - so trips to car / plane graveyards and lone hulks all over .<br>

Just my Leica M8 with 35 and 50 , [ or M9 body LOL ] plus a reasonable small , light DSLR [ Nikon D 500 with 50 and good zoom ] or my existing Pentax K 10D with good zoom and a couple of primes ... Oh , and my rebuilt Contax II by Kiev techs which I just love ! Little room for inessentials like clothes etc ! </p>

<p>I would purchase a good backup digital, a couple new lens and head out to photograph Gorilla's in Africa. I've accomplished three of my dreams, photographing and riding Elephants, photographing up close and personal moose and grizzly bears... so the next large game is the Gorilla's... and making that eye contact. Yeap, that would be it! Makes my heart race!</p><div>00VY1V-211799584.jpg.412f03647c95c1df857ed1f597cf55c3.jpg</div>

<p>

<p>If I were given $10,000, a roundtrip flight to anywhere in the world, and offered a closet full of camera gear I could choose for a photo-related project? Mark my words here and now - I would donate the $10,000, the roundtrip flight ticket, and the closet full of camera gear (I'd choose a bunch of good field-hardy portable cameras for PR and documentry work) to a charity like Doctors Without Borders.<br />Then I would pick up my current run-o' the mill Nikon DSLR and go out into my town and take photos of people, all types of people - people living in big houses, people living in the trailer parks and cars, and people living in the city parks, because they all live here in my little 'ol home town in California. Then I'd sit down, take a look at the photos I took and think about the people I met, and just be darn happy I did it!</p>

</p>

<p>I would go to Florida and do a photo documentary on manatees. I think they are beautiful creatures and they are endangered. I would love to be able to go photograph them to spread awareness of them to possibly save their species.</p>

<p>I would travel to Uganda/S. Sudan and photograph the victims of over 20 years of civil war, unrest, famine and disease. The dichotomy of suffering against the beautiful landscape of sub-Saharan Africa is breathtaking and heart-wrenching at the same time. But the real story is that the people there still find ways to be joyful amidst their suffering. It is a testament to human spirit and resilience.</p>

<p>I would love to travel and photograph beautiful old architecture, especially churches and also old cemeteries.<br>

I would like to have the best digital SLR on the market at this time with me with an assortment of lenses, a tripod and a laptop with a large hard-drive because I love to edit my own photos.</p><div>00VY2j-211809684.jpg.23f35a317789b1d9c6f4e11012effd0f.jpg</div>