Dr. Albert Knapp's Pix from "Leica and the Arts" in "Viewfinder"

Alex_Es

Albert has asked for a scan of his photos from his article "Leica and

the Arts," "Viewfinder" magazine, Vol. 37, No. 3, Third Quarter 2004.

Dr. Knapp has written in a previous thread that he owns the copyright

of the photos. Thank you for checking on that, Albert. Here goes

the first. This is from the back cover.<div>00A5Jr-20413484.jpg.e45748a2ddf7c1fc1bc796f0ddc5daaf.jpg</div>

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photograph below is captioned as follows on the right-hand side:

DUET, EUGENE ONEGIN (P. TCHAIKOVSKY)

Royal Danish Ballet - Copenhagen (8/2002)

M7/90mm APO f2/Provia 400 1/60 @ f/2

("Albert B. Knapp, M.D. [copyright] 2002" appears at the bottom left

corner.)<div>00A5LI-20414084.jpg.39b43cce55ef0d47eda001adb44209fd.jpg</div>

I don't see the big deal. He was able to buy expensive seats, but beyond that, these are no more than okay shots taken with an AE camera. In the dance shots, the composition comes from the choreographer, not the photographer. In the other shots, we have record shots we've seen a thousand times. In short, YAWN!

Hey Red, take it easy!

The man may be a doctor, but he's just an amateur photographer sharing his work.

Nobody made you look at all these shots.

Don't be a hater just b/c the man has nice seats.

Finally, there are very few unique images in the world. If you have some photos that have

never been done before, please share. Otherwise, just take deep breath and go to the

next thread.

Very nice images, Albert.

Thanks for scanning and posting these, Alex.

Red, most of us who lurk about this forum are very proud that one of its leading

contributors had his photos - and an excellent article on the story behind them -

published in the Viewfinder.

regards,

If his magazine article is good, that's an achievement. I'm just saying that these pictures are the result of purchases, not technique or originality. I suppose I've known too many guys with MDs who buy great equipment, lab services, and access; and preen themselves as great photographers when they are actually untalented. They are so accustomed to people kowtowing to their profession that they expect applause for anything they take up. Maybe it's just a New York thing. Maybe this guy isn't like that. If he's not like that, I'm wrong in this. But I find it suspicious that he'd present such weak shots for publication.

I didn't see any vitriol, nor do I understand why one must have uploaded photos to comment. I have shows and don't tell people they have to keep their mouths shut unless they bring photos with them.

And why aren't you asking the people who are raving where their photos are? Seems hypocritical not to, so maybe you should go through all the responses, find the ones that don't have posted photos, and ask them.

FWIW, these seem to be fairly straightforward shots of theater, something that can be done if one is in the proper location.

"I didn't see any vitriol. . ."

Than take off your rose colored glasses:)

I get a little suspicious when someone comes on line with an identity created 2 days ago, seems to go the extra mile to basically say they think the photographs suck, derides the guy for having money to buy the equipment takes of on the medical profession and yet isn't a poster, to me it smacks of not a lurker but a troller or a dentist..