DPP problem with Windows 10

mark_pierlot

I'm having a problem viewing, editing, and processing images with DPP that have been taken with my daughter's SL1. I'm able to download the images with ImageBrowser, and view them there, but they do not display at all in DPP.

Since I have no issues with images taken with my 5DII and 7D, and had no issues with the SL1 images running DPP in Windows 8, I suspect that the problem is a lack compatibility between DPP and Windows 10 with "newer" bodies.

Does anyone know of a solution?

What version of DPP is this? Does the documentation for that version say it supports the SL1, which is a couple of years newer than either of the two other cameras you mention?

The latest version of DPP (at least, on Canon Canada's site) is 4.6.30, and it claims to be compatible with both Windows 10 and the SL1. As I have neither of those, I cannot confirm that from personal experience.

If you are running Windows 10, go to Canon's web site and download the newest DPP. Once you install it should be able to read the RAW files from all your cameras. I had the similar problem with my older version of DPP running on Vista that cannot read the RAW files from my new 80D camera. Ended up I had to also buy a new pc that runs Windows 10 and download their latest version. Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...