DPP closes when closing maximized image window

jo7hs2

I was processing a large volume of images in DPP today and ran into an issue that has bothered me before.

When I open an image and maximize it, and then subsequently close that image via a careful, deliberate, SINGLE mouse click placed on

the appropriate "x" in the corner, about 25% of the time DPP acts as though I clicked to close it as well. The window for DPP is,

obviously, directly behind and the close buttons align. In other words, I click to close the image, and DPP closes as well about a quarter

of the time. I swear I'm not double clicking but I cannot swear I'm not imagining it. ;) I'm not experiencing this behavior in any other

program. In fact, I've never encountered it despite doing computer support work on the side while in undergrad. I suspect it is either a

bug, a de-bounce issue with my mouse button (the mouse is pretty worn), or maybe I am double clicking.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

<p>Did you have DPP open <em>before</em> you loaded the image, or did opening the image, open DPP?</p>

<p>EOS Utility opens for me when I insert a CF card, but <em>closes</em> after the download is complete, depending on what I do next. I almost never use DPP (work in Adobe), but wondered if something analogous could be happening?</p>

<p>I've never experienced this, but I tend to use DPP in the way the Gil describes. A couple of troubleshooting suggestions:<br>

1. Try swapping over the mouse.<br>

2. Try fiddling around with the Double-click speed. Control Panel > Mouse > Buttons (or similar depending on your OS)</p>

<p>How do you open the image for editing? In my case, when I double click the image, I get a separate window which can be closed without closing DPP. If I only select the image, and click "Edit image window" icon on the toolbar, I don't get another window, but it looks like I switch DPP to edit mode, so closing this window close DPP as well.<br>

P.S. Sorry for errors, I hope it's understandable... :-)</p>

I always open an image by double-clicking on the image. I then typically maximize the editing window, assuming it opens

less than minimized. DPP's main window remains open behind the edit window, and the majority of the time it remains

open when I close the edit window. But a significant portion of the time DPP closes as well.