downloading raw images with new A6000

<p>I purchased a Sony A6000 last week. Today I took the camera out for the first time with several manual lenses and took some shots in RAW format. I was eager to download the photos (in Adobe Raw if possible) and check them out. After reading the manual it appeared that the only way to download these to my computer would be via something called Play Memories Home. After downloading Play Memories, I was able to get the photos transferred, but Play Memories has almost no editing tools and worse yet, there doesn't appear to be a way to transfer my raws to ACR. I have a feeling this is the wrong software. My goal is to get my RAW photos into ACR, or at least get them transferred into photoshop as tiffs (like you can do with canon DPP). Can someone instruct me on how to do this? Thanks.</p>

Try Picasa for now. It's free and easy for

importing photos, including raw files. My older

copy of Lightroom 4 won't recognize Fuji RAFs, so

I use Picasa to import to the hard drive, then

Lightroom later. Or I can edit the RAFs in the version of Silkypix provided with the camera.

Picasa is also useful for minor editing, and

excellent for quickly finding photos, especially

photos of people using the facial recognition

option.

<p>Lex, thanks for the response. I just located my raws in Bridge. Not sure why it took this long for them to appear as they weren't there earlier, But I'm glad to see them. I'd like to comment that I'm quite impressed with the EVF on this camera. Without the benefit (or hinderance) of focus peaking, I find manual focusing quite easy.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>My goal is to get my RAW photos into ACR</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I've never trusted software like "Play Memories" so… Here's what I do with my A6000:<br /><br>

- Camera OFF<br>

- Open the door. Remove the SD card.<br>

- Put the SD card into my computer. It shows up like an external hard disk. Copy files from the SD card to my hard drive<br>

- Open in Lightroom, ACR, or whatever.<br>

By the way, I shoot RAW+JPG.</p>

<p>I don't see why Sony should be any different from any other image file. Using a card reader, or by USB cord direct to the camera, I view the card contents (closed files) from my PC via the Computer route and open the drive then folder and use Send To or Copy To. You can use My Documents (or equivalent) as the destination or set up a Send To for your preferred folder.</p>